The breakdown of a family or relationship can be one of the most stressful and emotional times in a personís life. Our family lawyers will help safeguard your needs and achieve the best results for you. Our focus is on achieving timely practical solutions that work well for you and your family.
We provide client-focused advice on a range of family law issues, including:
- "Pre-nuptial" and cohabitation agreements: the advantages and disadvantages to you entering into an agreement at the commencement of or during your relationship;
- Separation: your legal entitlements, obligations and advisable outcomes, the identification, assessment and protection of assets during the separation process, how to best protect your child(ren)ís interests during the process and in the future, and how to prepare to meet the courtís requirements;
- Property settlements: family and property law, assessment and valuation of the asset pool (including shares, trusts and other corporate structures), and third party rights or responsibilities;
- Spousal maintenance: entitlements or payment responsibilities and methods to protect against future claims;
- Family safety: intervention orders, interim parenting orders and counselling;
- Children: parenting arrangements that serve your child(ren)ís best interests, abduction, long distance parenting, relocation and Hague Convention issues, concerns about violence or abuse, and DNA parentage testing;
- Child Support/Adult Child Maintenance: dealing with Child Support Agency and with the applications to the courts, and the establishment of Child Maintenance Trusts;
- Wills & Estates: redrafting Wills and Powers of Attorney to take into account new family arrangements;
- Superannuation and Financial Planning: asset and selection for settlements, life insurance options and splitting.