Michael recently joined the commercial law team at Johnston Withers.
Michael assists a range of clients including SMEs, large corporations, property owners, investors and developers in relation to all aspects of commercial and property law. He has extensive experience in commercial and property law, including:
- Property sales and acquisitions (residential, commercial and agricultural), including drafting special conditions and Form 1 – Vendor’s Statements;
- Commercial and business transactions, including sale of business contracts and settlements;
- Leasing (commercial, industrial, and agricultural), including drafting extension, variation and assignment deeds;
- Property development, including residential projects and commercial developments;
- Conveyancing transactions, including land and asset transfers, encumbrances, caveats, easements and land divisions (Torrens Title and Community Title, including drafting associated documents, e.g. By-Laws and Scheme Description);
- Finance and security transactions, including loan agreements and mortgages;
- Compulsory land acquisition under the Land Acquisition Act 1969 (SA);
- Building and construction; and
- General commercial and property matters.
He is also experienced in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly sale contract and commercial leasing disputes (including enforcement and debt recovery).
Michael is a member of the Property Committee at the Law Society of South Australia and is passionate about the ongoing development of the legal profession.
He is currently undertaking a Master of Laws at the University of Adelaide.