Johnston Withers has been proudly serving rural South Australia since 1982 when it opened its Port Augusta office. Now, with offices in Clare, Port Augusta, Whyalla and Roxby Downs , Johnston Withers has had exposure to most of the issues that rural life throws up and has developed unique expertise in the law as it relates to life on the land.
Many of our staff, even those in our Adelaide office, were either born in the country, or have lived in the country for an extended period. We share country values and appreciate both the challenges and the joys of rural life.
Our Agri-law lawyers provide
- estate and succession planning for rural families
- protection of family assets – particularly during marriage and separation
- preparation of business contracts for farms, vineyards and stations
- negotiating with mining companies, wind farm operators, government agencies and others rural litigation (for example for crop losses, defective machinery, product liability issues)
- managing employment issues for farm workers
- share farming agreements, leases, partnership agreements, companies and trusts, will and estate disputes, and conveyancing.