Conveyancing, Property settlement – Buying or selling a property is one of the largest financial (and emotional) decisions most people make in their lifetime.
Asking one of our experienced team of conveyancers to handle all aspects of the transaction for you is the key to stress-free settlements.
Our conveyancers are conveniently located in our Adelaide, Clare and Port Augusta offices and offer of a high level of personal service.
Our South Australian conveyancers will
- advise you about the terms of your contract (including special conditions) and consider if you need GST, CGT or other specialist advice
- check search title for unregistered documents
- communicate with the agent regarding special conditions and the payment of any deposit
- prepare all necessary documents and arrange for their signing and verification
- liaise with your bank or other financial institution to arrange discharge of existing mortgages and registration of new mortgages
- calculate all rates and taxes adjustments
- prepare settlement statements and calculate cheques required
- attend settlement to exchange documents and cheques
- lodge documents for registration
- advise agent that settlement is completed
- notifying ratings agencies of change of ownership
- confirm all details of the settlement with you in writing
Our conveyancing team can also assist you with the following transactions:
- Private sales
- Business contracts
- Land & community divisions
- Family farm transfers
- Commercial leases
- Applications to register death, change of name or marriage